Relay Therapeutics Announces Formation of Oncology Advisory Board
CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Relay Therapeutics, a new breed of company at the intersection of computation and biotechnology, announced today the appointment of top oncology experts, scientists and leaders to its newly formed oncology advisory board.
“We are at a pivotal moment in the company’s growth and development as we become a clinical-stage company and we are delighted to have such an esteemed group of leaders to advise and support our team,” said Don Bergstrom, M.D., Ph.D., executive vice president and head of research and development at Relay Therapeutics. “The combined background and expertise of this advisory board will be invaluable as we develop our clinical strategy, continue to deepen our early-stage oncology portfolio, and realize our goal of bringing medicines to patients.”
“The core mission is to build a pipeline of precision medicines that will improve outcomes for patients, and we are excited to work with these incredible individuals to make that happen,” said Jim Watters, Ph.D., senior vice president of biology at Relay Therapeutics.
The members of Relay’s oncology advisory board are:
- Trever Bivona, associate professor, University of California San Francisco
- George Demetri, professor, Harvard Medical School and professor, director and Quick Family Chair, Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; board member and scientific advisory board member, Blueprint Medicines
- Dejan Juric, director, Termeer Center for Targeted Therapies & Investigational Cancer Therapeutics Program, MGH Cancer Center
- Pamela Munster, professor, University of California San Francisco, and director, Early Phase Clinical Trials Unit
- Lillian Siu, professor, University of Toronto; director of phase one program, Princess Margaret Cancer Center
- Jean-Charles Soria, director general, Institut Gustave Roussy; former senior vice president of oncology, Astra-Zeneca
- Nikhil Wagle, assistant professor, Harvard Medical School
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a new breed of company at the intersection of leading edge experimental and computational approaches focused on making medicines against intractable precision medicine targets. Relay Therapeutics harnesses the forces of expanding computational power and increasing experimental insights to better understand the dynamic nature of protein motion. The approach has been validated with multiple programs poised to enter the clinic. While the company’s initial focus has been in oncology, Relay Therapeutics’ approach has broad applicability and potential to design transformative medicines across a range of disease areas.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Relay Therapeutics is a private company launched in 2016. To date, the company has raised $520 million from investors including SoftBank Vision Fund, Third Rock Ventures, Casdin Capital, GV, BVF Partners, EcoR1 Capital, Foresite Capital, Perceptive Advisors, Tavistock Group and an affiliate of D.E. Shaw Research.